Saturday, March 3, 2012


Two sick girls!
Darn, we are sick sick sick! I muddled through work a few days, and we were fortunate to have Grandma and Grandpa Nelson hang out with Quinn, but finally Friday we both stayed home. This is the first year in the last 4 years that I still have vacation days I can use. It's so nice to see Quinn doing well enough for me not to have to take off work, so when we have these days, I can take off and we can hang out at home. Again, I'm so thankful we can hang out at home and not in the hospital. So we are getting better, Quinn has a bit of color in her cheeks, and I think I've finally got over my week long headache.

So rather then dwelling on the fact that we are sick, I'm going to focus on the positive.

I'm thankful that Quinn has been so well, up to now.

I'm thankful for her trach, without it we would be in the hospital with this cold.

I'm thankful for my job, my colleagues who have given me their vacation days in the past so I could take care of Quinn, and the fact that I have not had to ask for anyone to donate days to me this year.

I'm thankful for the reminder not to take Quinn, John, or my health for granted. It's so easy to forget to be grateful when we are well, but being sick is a good reminder!

Now, I'm going to pray for us to get better. I'm sure hoping to get back into the swing of things soon!

No comments: