Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Now we have the road trip bug.  I'm so thankful that we have three kids that are pretty dang good at traveling.  I can say that we only had to stop two times on the way to KC, that was due to Grandma and me, not the kids.

Then this last weekend, we went to Ogallala to see Aunt Sarah, Brandon, and his family, and that drive went wonderful as well, we only had to make one stop, and that was for me again!  Goodness, I guess I need to work on my bladder issues.  I'm a teacher, I usually can do such a good job, but I guess I loose that power during the summer.

On the way back we stopped by Pioneer Village, and it was lovely!  We shackled dad up, but he managed to get out.

We also talked about how fortunate we are to be living in the technology age, and how Quinn's life is so much better then it probably would have been.  Here are a few of the wheelchairs from back in the day.

Then we were back to Lincoln to work on homework, and wow, our two kids that I can't put on here, their reading is getting so much better.  They are not happy with me for giving homework and reading time, but they are slowly coming around, and to listen to them read now is so wonderful.  Quinn is also hard at work.
Stacie is helping her get her dynovox figured out so she can use it better, right now she had a hard time getting her eyes to read the entire screen.

Suzanne and Chrissy are working on how we can help Quinn with her legs.  She still is not quite even and we are trying to figure out how to help her be her best, so we are looking at a different heal lift of sorts.  I'm so thankful for amazing women who are so willing to help Quinn be her best.

After the hard work, they go to go for a walk, and then take a little break.  Wow, Quinn will work so hard for all these women.  We are so blessed.

Finally we got to get fitted for new braces, and we all got to see how that happens.

It's pretty neat!  So give us a few weeks, and we will have some new braces to show off.  Goodness, I know we try to get lots in during the summer, but I continue to think, how in the world do I get all this stuff done, when I am working full time during the school year, and there are lots of hours involved in that.  I am trying to be thankful for every minute we have this summer, as it is such a lovely summer, I'm exhausted, but a good exhausted, the kids are learning so much, be it homework, or life experiences, a good bunch of both of them.
Blessings,

Susan

No comments: