Friday, January 17, 2014

Gotcha day!  January 17th, 2014

( A picture from this last week.)

It has been a year since we got Isaiah and Denali.

In some ways it seems like it just happened, but more then that it seems like we have had them for much longer.

I think of how much they have grown physically, but more then that mentally and spiritually.  How they have overcome some big issues and have gone from being nervous to feeling safe, secure, ornery, and loved.

I remember when the kids started calling me mom, it still is not always mom, but it was amazing to hear the first time.  I remember when Isaiah gave me a real, true hug, or when Denali crawled up into Quinn's bed and cuddled her, being careful of, but not worrying about her tubes hooked up to her, and loving on her.  Oh the wonderful moments.  

There were hard moments too, when we saw the repercussions of how they had suffered.  How they had not been introduced to so much in life.  Helping them have so many firsts with us.  School was so hard for both of them, and now they are both on track and doing well.  We still have things to work on, but I can say we have done great.  We have worked hard on life skills, homework, and loving each other, it's been hard work, totally worth it, but crazy hard work.

I think I have heard why, what, and how more this year then anything else.  

I think back to when I worked at summer camp.  That summer I worked so hard, but it was one of the best summers of my life.  I feel the same about this last year.  I've been happy, exhausted, worried, overwhelmed, but more then anything loved!  This has been an amazing year and I'm thankful for every minute of it.
  
 The first couple pictures that we're taken from a year ago.  So similar, yet so different.  
Oh bring on the next year, we are ready!

No comments: