Thursday, July 23, 2015

After such a mushy post last, I wanted to get real.  I am a positive person, and want to share our story in a positive way.  At the same time, we all have our frustrations and hard knocks.

I will say it gets frustrating having to continue to share how smart Quinn is, and continuing to teach tolerance and acceptance.  At the same time, I am more then capable of doing just that and will continue to do so.

It's been wonderful having a great support system, and I'm so thankful for that.  They get us through a lot.  Yet, we have folks that try to pull us down at times, as everyone does.  I don't always understand why, but I'm getting much better at letting that go, and focusing on the positive.  Thankfully again people around us really do help build us up.

It gets hard lifting Quinn and making sure she gets her walking in, her studies, her driving, along with all the basics of meds, and such.  However we have folks that help with quite a bit of that as well.  We also are fortunate to have lifts and special chairs and such to help us as well.  I am so thankful to live in America where we have insurance to help provide us the lifts and such.

Life is not easy for any of us.  I am thankful to have my faith to get me through it, as well as good friends and family.  I've also found that my kids sure do stick up for each other in hard times.  I know I am fortunate, I choose to see it that way.

I could choose to be frustrated with finances, as it's expensive to raise kids, special needs kids are even more expensive.  I could choose to be frustrated dealing with insurance and paying for all the appointments we have, as there are quite a few of them.  I could choose to be frustrated and ask why me, why do I have a special needs child, or why is my child acting out.  I could choose to be negative, but with the grace of God, and a positive attitude, I will choose to send out love.

I will choose to give all of myself to my kids.  I will choose to love all my students, even the ones that are hurtful.  I will choose to forgive, as it let's my soul be free.  I will choose to live my life to the fullest and share my love and experiences with others, as educating and loving others is the only option I will choose.  I will admit that I am not perfect.  I make mistakes, but I try my best.  I will continue to fail at times, but I will pick myself up, learn from a new experience, and be stronger because of it.

When I do get discouraged or frustrated, which happens, I rely on my faith, and go back to the quote from Mother Teresa.  I love this quote and try to live by it!

if you can't read it very well, click on the image.  It's a great saying that inspires me, especially if I'm struggling.

Actually I will type it out too, just in case you can't read it.  The one below is worded a bit different, but is the same idea.

 The version found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  Forgive them anyway.
            
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.  Succeed anyway.
           
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.  Be honest and sincere anyway.
            
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.  Create anyway.
            
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
            
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.  Do good anyway.
         
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
         
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa

No comments: