Sunday, August 14, 2016

We just got back from celebrating the life of my Grandfather.
It was a beautiful service.  The sermon was about water, how a mighty wave starts out so strong and gives everything it can and finally comes to a calm puddle of sorts at your feet.  It was beautiful.

 We started by taking a few pictures outside my dad's house, as it's just beautiful there.  Then I'm not sure if it was an angel or what, but I had a few pictures with this beautiful sun ray across it.




I am grateful to have a family who works so hard to care for each other.
As Grandpa's dementia continued to get worse, I saw my family step up and care for him with all they had.  It's good to know they all will have a bit more peace now.
I'm also so thankful for the stories I got to listen to my grandfather tell me.  His time in the navy, and growing up were wonderful.  He was a hard worker and a great story teller.  That is what I will remember about him.  Along with the wonderful family we share.      




































No comments: