Wednesday, November 2, 2016

We had our big wedding last weekend and more on that to come.
Wanted to get some Halloween pictures out.
 Isaiah is pikachu.  He even let me paint his face!  That is big for him!
 Quinn decided not to be a zombie dancer again, and opted to be a cat!
 Denali was all about being a cute zombie dancer.
 I love this age!  We had so much fun!
Back to the trip.  We have been reading Wonders at home, and found the audio version at the library and listened to it for over 8 hours on the drive.  Wow!  It is a great book about Augie and his family.  We would laugh, we would cry, and we had some great conversations!  Really it is a great book everyone should read!

The day after we got back, Denali gave me this paper.  She choose to write about the story and how it is similar to our family story.  So with her permission, here is her story.

My sisters name is Quinn.  She has a trach and is in a wheelchair.  She has lots of needs and goes to therapy and special things to help her body.  Well I wouldn't call it special needs.  Lots of kids got to therapy and do speech, even my brother does speech and he is just like me, just more annoying.  

My sister and me get along pretty well.  I mean we're sisters.  What else are we supposed to do.  We live in the same house.  It's not a surprise we play together and share everything with each other.

We go to the same school.  We are in 4th grade and we're in the same math class.  (my least favorite subject)  My favorite is reading.  It's weird because a few years ago I couldn't stand reading.   

Quinn is in a different homeroom.  Every once in a while, I've got to stand up for her and make sure the dumb jerks don't get to her.  I mean she's just like everyone else, and she should get treated like everyone else.  She doesn't need to be treated like a baby or a nerd.  She is just like everyone else for the most part and we love each other!

Denali Otte October 30, 2016

I love my family!  I love my family!  I love my family!

No comments: