Friday, May 25, 2018

Change!
Change is hard, but change is also good!
It helps us grow, but it can also be hard.
As I talk to the kids about often,
everything in life has some good and bad in it.  Nothing is perfect.
 One of the not so great parts, is that Chrissy has been getting Quinn and Denali and Isaiah on the bus at least once or twice a week for the last 8 year.  Yes, 8 years.  It has always been such a calm to have her come over.  I would always have a question about a certain stretch, or something going on with her chair.  A what do you think of this or that?  How should I be doing this?  More then anything she is such a good person.  Someone I tell my kids is such a good role model and someone I consider a true friend that I can confide with anything.  

So we are so grateful that Chrissy will still be in our lives, and I will still ask her a million questions,  and I'm sure Quinn will still work harder for her then anyone else, but we will not have the constant of her being present in our home any mornings, and that will be a hard change.
 Granted this picture is Quinn not wanting to wake up for school, but it is also how we feel about Chrissy not being a solid part of our week.  We are so grateful for God bringing Chrissy into our lives!  We are so much stronger because of what we have learned from her and continue to learn.


 Finally a picture with no tears.
 The official last day!
 Isaiah is now a 7th grader.
Quinn is now a 6th grader.
Denali is now a 6th grader.

I hope Moore Middle School is ready for us.
We are ready!  Well, we are ready for summer, relaxing, going to camps, going on vacation, more resting, playing, enjoying each other.
We have about a month left with our foster kiddo, so we will love him up, too.

So for all the things we learned this last year.  All the things that have made us stronger.  
We are grateful!

Welcome to summer!




No comments: