Thursday, August 1, 2019

While we were on our family reuion, we did a high ropes corse type thing.
I said I would do it to help Denali.  Melissa was kind enough to watch Quinn.
So we got up to the first level, and Grandpa, Denali, and Isaiah all took off no problem. 
I on the other hand froze!
I spent the first probably 20 minutes right here in this picture, I did not want to give up, but I was afraid to take the first step.  Dad, Isaiah, and Denali would all come by and try to give me courage to go, but I was not ready to go or give up.  

Finally this little 5 year old came up and started crying right away, he was also scared.  He went back down but with the encouragement of his parents and workers, he came back up.  He was crying but he ventured out on the first walkway, and then came back but he over came his fears.  I was inspired by this little bitty child and knew I needed to do this or I would be upset with myself for not doing it, so Denali came around again, and I followed her out onto the first step.

Once I took the first step, it was so much fun!   I went all over the 1st level of the course.  
Next time I might venture up to the 2nd and 3rd levels, but I am glad to say I took that first scary step and then had so much fun.  









No comments: