Saturday, August 21, 2010

8-21-10

Audrey and Quinn watching the parade in Otoe County.

Quinn loving checking out the yellow tractor. No surprise there!

Quinn and Casey taking a nap!

Well I tell you, I never know what the week has in store. School started, so Quinn spent lots of time with Chrissy, and loved it! These are pictures over the last two weeks of fun times with Chrissy.

Past that we have worked at therapy, in fact Quinn was playing an animal game with Diane and was really working hard, and Diane asked her what animal she wanted next and plain as day she said “horse” I had not heard that before, and as I’m talking about it, she has been talking so much more again! She went through a few months where she was not talking all that much just a few words here and there, but lately she talks to you. She is doing a great job answering questions and telling us what she wants. She still picks and chooses who she is going to talk to, but those of us she talks to regularly, she has just been blooming with her talking. So yeah Quinn!

The not so great news was starting Thursday Quinn started feeling kind of yucky! Well Friday at 5:00 we ended up coming to the hospital for her breathing again. A big thanks to Chrissy who took care of her Friday when she was doing ok, and rested and read books, but by the afternoon she was so tired and instead of sleeping, she got caught in a bad breathing pattern and could not get herself out of it. Well Chrissy, Quinn, and I came to St. E’s hospital and did some blood work, some breathing treatments, and ended up checking in for the weekend! I guess we needed some down time. So hopefully we are dismissed tomorrow, as Quinn is doing pretty good, she is just exhausted and needs to sleep, so I’m praying for a very calm sleepy night. She is suppose to start school Monday, and I’m not sure if that is going to happen right away, and that is really sad because the staff there has been working so hard to get everything set up for her to start with the rest of her class. So I’m hoping we leave tomorrow with doctors’ orders for school being good to go, but we will do what ever we need to do. I’m getting pretty good and back up plans, and will do whatever it takes to help Quinn be her best.

As for me and the BetterU challenge, I’m working out, even got a work out in today with her being in the hospital, thanks to daddy John coming in and hanging out with her. I’ve already met with a personal trainer and wellness coach, and I’ve met the other 7 women who I’m looking forward to working with. I’m also super impressed with the child watch they have at Madonna ProActive. After my session last week, I walled in and the girl working was reading Quinn a book and was super excited about watching her. I’m so thankful they are willing to do that, because without that support I would not be able to have this experience. Hey, join me on the experience. Join online to go through the 12-week challenge with me, it’s 1011now.com/betteru, it's not quite done getting put together, so keep checking, better yet the online version of this is free, so sign up and let’s get healthy together!

Well, it’s been a long week and I’m hoping Quinn falls asleep soon, because I’ve got some work to do for school and I’m hoping to get a good night sleep tonight as well. When Quinn is stressed and working so hard to breath, I know it is hard on her, but I think it is almost as hard on me. So some prayers and rest and then hopefully a brand new day tomorrow bringing on a new and improved healthy us!

No comments: