Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31st, 2010, Happy Birthday to Quinn’s Uncle Nick!

We came home to a new sign! Purchased! Phew, thanks to God for helping this happen, and praying that radon tests and inspections go well this week! Also praying for Riley, Paige, and Morgan as they have had a busy weekend and are such amazing young adults! They are inspiring watching them handle such a huge burden with such grace and strength!

Well, we might just have a few posts this week. We had my Uncle Tom’s funeral this past Monday, and again, Quinn just amazes me with her insight and love. The viewing was on Sunday and there were so many folks that wanted to talk to me about Quinn, and even more interested in getting Quinn to talk. Well, she was not interested in talking to anyone, and was a bit overwhelmed in general, so we were getting ready to leave after an emotional few hours, and went to tell my Uncle’s kids we loved them and see how they were hanging in there. Well, to make a long story short, Quinn told each one of them “love you” after they told her they loved her. The girl’s “love you” were loud and clear, while Riley’s “love you” was a bit more quiet but still plain as day! Sometimes she just amazes me with her love and compassion! At times I don’t really know what she understands as she is only 3 but she showed me again how special she is, and how we have so much going for us!

Monday as we were at the funeral home waiting for the service to start, we had a family member come over and say something to the order of: “This is not meant to be offensive in any way but you are so lucky to have a daughter who cuddles.” We had not taken Quinn’s chair into the service and we were cuddling. Partly because we have to, as she can’t sit unsupported by herself, but at the same time, my reply was, with every negative there is a positive, and I am very lucky that she does love to cuddle. So my reply was simply, I agree, with the obstacles we have, we are still more then fortunate, and we are so very lucky to have a daughter who loves to cuddle, among one of many of her talents!

Another talent is her singing, and that was showcased during the funeral. Pastor John was leading the service, (not to be confused with daddy John). He sang three songs, oh, let me step back a bit, we decided to hang out in the back of the funeral home as Quinn is 3 and does not love sitting for long periods of time, so we were walking or sitting in the back. Let me also state that we have been working hard with Quinn in our own church to sing with every one and stop when the song is over. Quinn just loves to sing! So I bet you are already figuring out what happened. Yup, Quinn sang and sang every time Pastor John was singing a song during his presentation. Well, I thought she was singing quietly and was happy she was singing and stopping when she should. I really thought she was quiet. After the service we had a number of people come over to tell us how nice it was to hear Quinn singing and how she did a great job of stopping when John stopped. Well, I knew a few
folks around us might here her, but I don’t know if it was the perfect spot to carry or what, but we found out that about everyone could hear her singing, and luckily everyone seemed to appreciate it! I really believe my uncle would have loved it as much as everyone else, so good job Quinn for singing your heart out for your Great Uncle Tom.

No comments: