Saturday, January 22, 2011

1-22-11


Here are Kiara, Alexis, Annette, Amelia, Chrissy, & Quinn getting filmed by William.


Here we have a little daddy Quinn snuggle time.
Again I want to thank the guys at NSIGHT Media. They are so nice, not the fake nice, we are getting paid for this, but really good guys, and actually they were not getting paid for this, as I’m almost sure they do it to help out the American Heart Association. So if you need video or media services, check them out at nsightmedia.net, Thanks gentlemen!


Hello! It's been another busy week. We started off last weekend with the rest of the filming for the Heart Ball. The Heart Ball is put on by the American Heart Association and is coming up on Feb 5th, in Lincoln at the Cornhusker. Everyone is welcome, but it's pretty pricy. Lucky for us, we got our tickets for free, because we are the big story of the evening. That is why we have been buying dresses and John and Harold are getting measured today so they will be ready to go.

Well Saturday Grandma Vicki, Grandpa Steve, Grandma Martha, Grandpa Harold, as well as Quinn’s cousin Kaleb all came to play with Quinn for more videotaping. Finally Quinn showed off, laughing and walking, playing, but not much talking. I’ll take what we got. Then Monday we did some filming with Chrissy. I did my interview and finally did not cry like a baby, so thank goodness, I pulled it together. If you want to read my 8-page scrip of our life, go to our download page to download the paper. You might learn a few more things about us. http://isite.lps.org/sotte/web/quinn.htm I think our story is only going to be about 5 to 7 minutes, so a bunch of our story will be in the scrap pile, but I simply could not cut it down any more then I already did. So now it's all in their court.

Quinn made it to school the rest of the week until Friday. We woke up Friday to Quinn coughing, which is nothing new, with her trach, but after about 15 minutes she was ready to start the day, smiling and so happy. So I dropped her off at Chrissy’s and went to school, honestly thinking this would be here best day yet. Only to get a call over my lunch hour from Chrissy to find out that Quinn was at her house, because school called and Quinn could not stop coughing, so she went home early. First, I’m so thankful for Chrissy. I don’t know what I would do if I needed to take off of school to run to get her when she is not really sick, but tired. I wonder if she is acting up a bit because she has another new sub nurse and she is not a big fan of change. I don’t know what the issue was. So Chrissy, thanks so much for taking such good care of Quinn. It means so much to me! So Quinn took a 5-hour nap, when she got back to Chrissy’s and woke up feeling much better. We had one more coughing fit then had a super night. Right now she is lying next to me trying to kick the computer off my legs so I will play with her, she is too cute as she is giggling and jabbering.

Past that we are going to lay around the house, as part of Quinn’s issue on Friday might be due to the fact that she did not take a nap all week, and when we go to bed lately, she lays in bed and sings and does anything possible to stay awake, so she has been so tired. So we are going to rest, or should I say my plan is for us to rest, I think Quinn has other ideas. I finished report cards for about 500 kids yesterday and I need some rest time too. It’s so cold outside that I’m thinking resting sounds very good!

No comments: