Saturday, March 26, 2011

Well we are on the way home today. A few of the fun Quinn moments. On the way to Memphis and the way back, I had to bribe Quinn to stop yelling after 7 hours on the road. I simply mentioned that I don't take little girls who scream and throw fits to the swimming pool in the hotel. Both times she quieted right down. What a smarty! We only drive about 8 hours a day, I can't ask her to sit in the car longer then that right now. So both times we went swimming. This morning when we were swimming, one of the ladies down sitting by the pool talked to us a bit, saying how her grandson has a trach. When we were in Memphis, all us girls went out to a super cute little tea house and our waitress talked to us about her kids and how her 14 year old daughter is in a wheelchair, and how her daughter is her inspiration. I tell you, there are lots of kids out there with different issues, they all have so much to offer. I know I am a better person because of what Quinn teaches me, and you can't beat that. The other fun story is Quinn's cousin Knox. He was very interested in her and wanted to talk to her. So I showed Knox how he could ask Quinn questions and how she gives her answers, and he was great with her. Later on he asked her if she wanted to be pushed around, and of course she said yes, and so they made numerous laps around my Aunt's house. I wish I had a picture of them, but maybe next time. I love kids and how they take things for what they are, and he just loved on Quinn like crazy. It was wonderful! Quinn did not show off for the adults like they were hoping for, but they continue to say they do see how Quinn is improving, so that is good for me! Well, better get back on the road, we are coming back to snow and ice and leaving cottonwood trees, flowers in bloom and great walking weather. Well, Nebraska has to warm up sometime, and it sure was nice to be reminded how nice the green leaves look. It's always nice to get away, but at the same time, I'm now ready to get back to teaching, and Quinn is ready for school and therapy, so I better get going!
Blessings,
Susan
Here is a day in the Life of Quinn and the Mook family, last Sunday.

No comments: