Friday, February 17, 2012

Well things are happening!

Way back when Quinn was 2, (now she is 5) we started playing around with the power wheelchair. Chrissy was Quinn's therapist then and she started using a button that Quinn would push and the chair would move forward. At that time, she did not know if Quinn would qualify or not, and that was not the goal, the goal was to simply push the button, and the reward was moving, as Quinn has always loved to move! Well over the last couple years, Stacie and Quinn have been working with different chairs, different controls, working on figuring out different seating options and head supports. At the same time Quinn has had to prove that she can stop when asked and turn or go in straight lines. That is asking a lot when Quinn only gets to drive it maybe 45 minutes a week, but after 3 years of practicing here and there, and lots of meetings and more paperwork and video's we are officially turning in the paperwork for Quinn's very own chair! Now we wait! We have 3 insurances on Quinn so each one has to go through and say yes or no, or what about this or that, and I'm sure Suzanne is going to stay busy with all the questions. However we are onto our next step! Now we are asking for a few prayers that the paperwork goes through and we are hoping Quinn gets her chair sometime this summer, so we can practice with it and send her to Kindergarten in her new power chair! That would be wonderful!

We also had another house meeting with Greg and Delrae, I don't know if it was her cold, or talking about finishes, but Quinn only lasted about 15 minutes into the 3 hour meeting. I heard the word finalize and finish several times which goes to show we are getting much closer to moving in! Sometimes it still does not really seem real. Lately I've tried to write thank you letters to Greg and Delrae and I simply can't get the right words out to say how I really feel. I know we would have figured out something for a house if they would not have come into our lives, but it never would have come close to what we will be moving into. I feel similar to when I did when our heart doctor operated on Quinn's heart and was so successful. I knew there was nothing I could really do to show my thanks, and again, I have that feeling. Quinn is going to be able to successfully be in a house where she can continue to improve and thrive and knowing all the love that is going into it from so many people is amazing! So here are the newest pictures:




I love these last two pictures! Any time we go out to the house Quinn giggles and gets so excited! I think she is going to love the big glass doors that go out onto the porch/patio as she can see outside from her chair, and what a beautiful view!

No comments: