Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Finally! Finally Quinn is feeling better. Well, I guess that depends on when and who you talk to. Quinn is acting very snotty at school, where she is sneezing and making a drooling mess. Whiles at home the last few days she has been needing to be suctioned once in the evening, and has done wonderful. We even made it back to therapy, where she was amazing. She had a bit of an attitude issue at first and did not want to drive, but after having her way and stretching, she did a really nice job driving around. Oh, it makes my heart happy to see her wanting to drive on her own. I know it takes time, and can take more then a year for her to really get the hang of driving around, but I see progress, and that is after a week of being sick and not being in her chair at all. Oh I love that little girl more and more, and when I think she can't get any cuter, she does. Along with that cuteness, she is starting to get a bit of an attitude, and if she does not want to answer me, she will not do it. I know that is normal, and she is not perfect, but wow, I am having to work my brain to figure out if it is her thinking, or not sure of what I'm saying, or just being naughty, and then how I need to go about getting the point across better, or coming up with a consequence. Phew, she is keeping me busy. Past that, the fun story for the week, Monday was her first day back to school, and she kept telling them bye, wanting to go home, but once she got home we talked about dance class, and if she was up to go. I knew she would be tired, as she was feeling better, but not at 100%. So her reply was (talking through her dynovox), yes, wait, yes, wait, wait, wait, no, wait, wait, yes, wait, wait, and then she fell asleep at 5:00, and slept for 4 hours. So she knew exactly what she was thinking. She wanted to be there, but was to tuckered out! Wow, what a girl! I love her so!

No comments: