Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Oh boy, we have had our ups and downs this week.
Here Quinn is, we are at Chuck E Cheese, as we had a birthday in our house, and that was the chosen restaurant.  She loved it!  
This last week, we got the opportunity to educate a few more people on how to act around Quinn, and I'm hoping the lesson will help them.  I am still surprised how some adults are not very smart!  So here is hoping that I can educate others.  I hate hearing about how an adult can be so rude and unprofessional, and I'll try to be the professional I am hoping they should be by not going on and on about it, except to say that I wish I could post more picts on here, cause our two new members of our family are so good with Quinn, we could not be more tickled with how things are going, they are so loving with Quinn and I could not be a prouder momma!    Oh actually we did have the talk about what other people should call John and I.  As we had a friend calling me their mom.  So we talked about it with all three kids in the car, and I asked them, are you ok with other people calling me your mom?  I am your foster mom, and I love you very much, but we all know you have a biological mom too, and she loves you too, so what would you like me to say when someone calls me your mom?  Is that ok, or should I say I'm your foster mom, or what would make you feel the best?  It was quiet in the backseat for a bit, as they thought about it, and all three of them decided that we are a family, and having folks call me their mom is fine with them!  So that was a fun story.  Oh the conversations we have had about life, Taylor Swift, Garfield, food, their grandparents, and I could go on and on, no wonder Quinn is giggling all the time, we have such a happy house right now.
In fact today was a snow day, and we got to play, actually I had a funeral for the afternoon, and Chrissy got to play with all three kids, and did she ever get some wonderful pictures!  Wish you could all come over and see them, as they are precious!  They baked cookies, played games, and had a fun afternoon!  We are so fortunate!  In turn, we are praying for a few friends and families who are hurting right now.  I am reminded so often how Life is hard, there is nothing we can do to change that, except have faith and do our best to be good to each other in the good times and not so good times, so we are praying for a bunch of you, and counting our blessings!

No comments: