Saturday, May 4, 2013


Good Morning!  Last night we got to go to Beauty and the Beast, put on by our local High School, Southeast.  I had lots of fun watching it, as there were quite a few kids in it, that I taught for years and years when they were at Zeman.  We almost did not get to the show, as we had some issues with behaviors at home, but we all pulled it together at the last minute and got to go.  The show started at 7:30, and did not get done until 10:30.  I wish I would have taken pictures before the show started, although they would not have been great, as we still had 3 grumpy kids.

I would love to say by the time the show was over, the three kids had their acts back together and were perfect little angels.  That is not the case.  10:30 is late.


Quinn made it through to intermission but could not hold out any longer.  Sometimes when she is in bed, she stays up way later then 10:00, which is frustrating to me, as I know she needs her sleep, but tonight was a night that I was hoping she would stay up, and it was not going to happen.  The kicker is that every time the crowd would clap for a song, it would startle her away, she would jump, it would startle me, and then she would go back to sleep.  Ugggg, not the best way to see her 2nd musical.


The rest of us were not much better.  I asked for a good pose to put into scrap books and this is the best we got.  Crazy kids!  Hey 10:30 is late, and life is no fairy tale, but we will keep every minute of it, all through the time out's and the temper tantrums.  With all the startled wake up's and the I can't stay awake moments.  There are also the snuggles, the love you's.  The bright idea moments, where understanding takes place.  Tonight was a night with lots of love for the frustrating times where we had kids fighting and exhausted from not understanding whey they are in foster care, and the situation around it, and that affects Quinn, as she understand that tension.  Then we also have the love that we all have for each other and that is pretty amazing.  Throw in some good music and that yellow dress that both girls were so excited to see, and only one of them saw it, and all in all, it was a night that I would take again in a heart beat.  Life is not perfect, but rather then dwell on the frustrating parts, we are going to try to find the silver lining.  We have some fun things we are planning on doing today, so I hope to get more pictures on here soon.
Blessings,
Susan

No comments: