Saturday, December 14, 2013



Well we are still at the hospital.  If you look in the pictures, you will see Duck is always close at hand.  Quinn has a few other stuffies she loves, but Duck is the one who has been with us since Quinn was born, and we love duck.  Quinn finally fell asleep late last night.  We are waiting for a few cultures to come back to make sure we are on the right antibiotic, and then we should be going home tonight or tomorrow.
Quinn has been sleeping most of the day today, which is great, because she has not been sleeping much at night the last few nights, and has some sleeping to catch up on.
 I talked to Isaiah and Denali on the phone this morning, and cartoons won out on most of our conversation, as I caught myself saying, hey can you hear me more often then I though.  Basically after they heard Quinn was ok, and we would still go to Build a Bear, just not today, they were just fine!
 So I got to go for a walk.  Our tradition is to always throw some pennies into the water in the main lobby for good luck, so I got that done.  Their tree is huge, and lovely to look at.  That nutcracker standing there was taller then me.
 I got that warm fuzzy feeling as I was hanging out, watching everyone,  boy scouts came in and delivered gifts to give to the kids for Christmas, and a family had to have made 30 blankets that brought in to give to the kids.  I was walking around the gift shop and was amazed as they kept bringing in bags of blankets they made.  So the picture below is through the gift shop window.

I've been talking to my kids about what we are going to do to give back this Christmas, and I'm thinking we are going to have to come back here and bring a few gifts to share.  It won't be on this magnitude, but everything helps, and I want to instill the gift of giving into my kids, so we will be cutting it close, but the week of Christmas, we will have to come back, and probably do build a bear at that time, and then bring a few presents to Children's Hospital to give to the kids here.  I know how I felt when the State troopers came by yesterday and gave Quinn a state trooper bear for her birthday, it's so nice, so we need to fill in our circle, from being the receiver, to being the giver as well.  I hope my kids get the warm fuzzies from giving as much as I felt it just watching it happen this morning.  Oh the Christmas spirit is in the air.
Here is the bear from the State Troopers, a card and a birthday present that kept Quinn busy for her birthday yesterday.
It's so nice to sit here knowing Quinn is sleeping well, and we are tackling that cold, virus thing, and everything else is looking good!  I might have to get out for another walk, and let Quinn keep resting.  Thanks for checking in on us!  
Susan


No comments: