Monday, June 9, 2014

I am a C
I am a C H
I am a C H R I S T I A N 
and I have C H R I S T
in my H E A R T
and I will L I V E
E T E R N A L L Y!

Isaiah, Denali, and I went to family camp for the last few days.  Dad worked and spent some time with his friends, and Quinn got to hang out with Chrissy, Annette, and Ben.  I will say that I do struggle finding a balance of what to do with two kids that are not in wheelchairs and one that is in a wheelchair.  I want to keep things fair and as even as possible, but life puts roadblocks in the way and life is not fair.  So thanks so much to our friends who love Quinn and are willing to give her an amazing weekend so she feels just as special as my other two at camp.   I keep working at finding a fair balance where everyone gets what they need and go from there.

I got a bit worried for the night before we went to camp, as Denali freaked out, and I mean freaked out when she had a few baby flies in her room.  We talked about how camp is going to have bugs, and  we can not be freaking out the whole time.  Thankfully we did great at camp, no freaking out, and we had lots of fun.


 They had a petting barn,

 pony rides,
 We had the option to stay in cabins or the lodge.  The cabins had more bugs, a two block walk to a bathroom, uphill, no electricity, and very basic, while the lodge had electric, and indoor plumbing, and the kids opted for the cabins!  YEAH, a great experience.  They were excited to spend the night on the top bunk, and did great sharing with the bugs.


 We went on hikes, and did pretty good.
 They loved swimming.
 We cooked our own meal one night.
 The councilors lead us in great devotions, games, songs, and lots of fun.
 Us parents got a morning to ourselves where we got to do the zip line.  That was fun!
 Jumping pillows were also pretty fun!
We talked about how Jesus is our teacher, or healer, our savior, and our friend, and if you want to get some camp songs stuck in your head, talk to my kids, about the time I finally get them out of my head, one of them start singing about bubble gum or worms, or something.

Want to know more about our camp?

I will post about Quinn's fun weekend soon!

We were less then two minutes away from camp, and Denali was out, and slept all the way home.  Phew, camp was exhausting, so fun but so busy!



No comments: