Monday, November 24, 2014

We talked to the kids a few weeks back about what they wanted to do for shows this season.  Elf was in town, so was Disney on Ice, the Rockettes, and a few other things.
 
All the kids were super excited about Disney on Ice, and it worked out great, as it was Adoption Day Anniversary Weekend.  So Disney on Ice it was.
 
I decided to go crazy and go all out and get a new outfit for the kids.  Denali knew she wanted a princess outfit, no surprise there.
 
Isaiah was happy with a Mickey Shirt.

I thought Quinn would be so excited to get an Aerial mermaid outfit, but she wanted nothing to do with that.  After talking for a bit, she wanted Minney Mouse.  That is new, she has always loved Aerial, but she was so excited to do some Minney Mouse styles this weekend. 
 
All the kids loved the show.  We got amazing seats thanks to Quinn, lots of leg room and no stairs.  Isaiah and Denali had to take turns on my lap, and I love that.  Quinn and I had to work together to get her head control under control, so she could look down to see the show, yet not get to tired.  Head control is a big deal, and she has to work hard for the control she has.  We got it figured out and it worked out fine.  Isaiah said his favorite part was Buzz Light year and Cars.  Denali’s favorite was the Faries.  Quinn loved Minney Mouse.  We all liked Goofy dancing and falling down.

What a wonderful way to spend the day.  Saturday we went up to Grandma Vicki’s and had an early Thanksgiving, and that was fun too.  We are all looking forward to only two days of school this week, and then Thanksgiving.  (I love the Thanksgiving Parade!)  We are also getting so excited to get the Christmas Tree up.  All the kids have already picked out presents for each other, so we are ready on that front as well.

As for Thanksgiving –

I’m thankful for John, he is a great dad and it’s fun to listen to him tuck in the kids at night.
I’m thankful for Isaiah, he gives great hugs and does not miss out on anything.
I’m thankful for Quinn, she giggled over and over today, and that giggle is amazing!
I’m thankful for Denali, she is so passionate and watching her with her little cousins over the weekend was wonderful.  She is a little mother hen and so sweet to her cousins.
I could go on and on, but instead I’ll ask you, what are you thankful for?
Blessings!

I will add in, I'm so thankful for all the therapists who help Quinn!  I love these pictures.  I love how Denali loves to help, how Quinn works so hard, and how the therapists are willing to let Denali get in there and help.  




Susan

No comments: