Thursday, August 24, 2017

Our new foster care friend is doing great.  Denali was talking about how great it is to be a foster family.  All the kids are pitching in and helping him get what he needs.  I got a great email from a former Zeman Zebra's mom, who is now at my kids school, in 1st grade with our new friend.  He asked his mom to tell me hi, we have a connection! :)  Then he started a picture of his classroom and started drawing his new friends wheelchair. :)  Our foster care kiddo!  I forget how many people he will impact with learning how to accept new people who are different from us.  I think the little kids understand that acceptance thing better then us big kids most of the time.
You can see his wheelchair in the bottom corner!
Oh how I love kids!  They get it!

Denali started Clarinet, and is loving it.

She knows 3 or 4 notes and how to put it together, and what to do with the reed.
That's a great start!

Quinn also started.  I need to get some pictures.  Right now she is using her computer, that has all kinds of instruments on it.  She wrote out a mission statement of sorts to share with Mr. Scofield.  Her nurse Mary and Quinn went to the lesson.  (sometimes Quinn does not show off for new people.)
Mr. Scofield welcomed them in and asked her for her statement, and she clicked on her computer and told him right away.  Then he asked for her to play her keyboard, asking her to play specific notes and she did.  He asked her to play the drum and she did.  They played notes back and forth.  Hearing Mary share this story with me, gave me goose bumps!  I think Quinn found another kindred spirit, and a love for music in a new way.  Oh Thank you Mr. Scofield!  We are so excited.

To keep things real, the rest of the day Quinn said, I don't want to do that, and I'm board!  She wanted to go back to band, but sadly she has to do her school work too.

Oh so much more to share, we went to a beautiful wedding, and the girls went to a baseball game with school.  Isaiah is still loving school, and him saying that out loud is a big deal.  He is loving the library and all the new books!  I love his love for reading.  

We are blessed!  Susan




No comments: