Wednesday, September 12, 2018


Oh how we love our therapist and therapy.

Quinn gets stretched out, practices standing, eats, drives, and so much more at therapy with her therapists.

It is so good for her body, but it is so much more then that!

It is good for our souls!  Sometimes I get so tired of advocating for her.  I will keep doing it full force, but I start to doubt myself.  I am sure she can do things that others don't see and I start to second guess, can she?  I know she can but when so many folks doubt it, I start to wonder.

Thankfully, our therapists see it loud and clear, and so they are such a blessing!  They can double check me and say, oh yes, she has that down, she can do that, she can do this, she just needs practice, or it's so much better then it was, or she can do it with me!

That is such a needed part of therapy.  Having folks verify how amazing she is.

In fact yesterday's therapies were some of her best ever.  On the way there, she told me how she was naughty in the kitchen, which is true.  Every time Isaiah tried to talk, Quinn would use her computer to talk over him,  he would stop and she would stop.  This went on until Grandma told her to stop.  
Hey, she should have the right to make her siblings crazy too.  She did have a chat and did go to bed early too.

On the way to therapy she was talking about getting in trouble and then talked about all the food she was going to eat and how she would do good.  She talked about goldfish crackers, ice cream, brownies, water, soda, milk, and a few other things.

When we got to therapy she continued to tell the therapist what she wanted to eat, and when she needed a drink, and when she needed help.  She does so good talking to Stacie.  Then at the end of therapy, she said 
no more eat with you.  thank you

Then it was off to driving practice.  Granted while we were waiting she told me lets go home, all done, but once she saw we were with Chrissy, she was fine.

She drove in straight lines, she turned both ways, she drove great with her head, and again did better with her hand then what she has done in a long time.

Oh validation is such a big deal.  Knowing we are not in it alone!
Oh how thankful we are!

No comments: