Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentines Day!
I saw an idea where you add a heart each day in February until the 14th and let your kids know how you love them.
So I did it for everyone in my family, and they loved it.  Each day I would see them over reading their hearts and they even added some hearts to my hearts with things they love about each other.
This filled out bucket and this time of year, with it cold and yucky, I think we really need it.
 Then we had a dance practice.  Denali and Isaiah both volunteered to help Dancing Beyond Limits.
I love the inclusion.  This time they also practiced their trio to perform this weekend as well, and it did not go great.  What a growing and learning opportunity.  There were tears, and sadness and embarrassment, and we talked about how all those moments are hard.  How life is hard, and how we will be there for each other and we will get through it and be stronger for it.  Oh life is hard some days, good thing we can count on each other.  Talk about life being hard, we are working on work ethic and doing our best at school with one of our kids, another one is working on being ok with a new night nurse, and parenting does not always come with a manual.  John and I talked, what do we do, how can we help.  We talk to the kids, we try to motivate.  We try to have logical consequences, and we give lots of love.  Are we doing  it right?  I don't know, but we are currently working so hard to help our kids maneuver this world in the best way we can.  We will keep praying for God to give us the right words and actions to help our kids be successful and kind and love life.

No comments: