Saturday, November 14, 2009

11-14-09

Hello! Welcome to our new site. Be sure to scroll down for Quinn driving the wheelchair at Handprints.

Our week has been long. Long nights, that is. Quinn has gotten a cold and that affects all of us. I think the two of us had a couple hours sleep total, Tuesday night, Wednesday night we doubled it, after having her sleep in her chair, so she could breath easier, and it has continued to get better. In fact the last two nights she has only woke up a few times, I on the other hand, I wake up and don’t hear her at all, and that makes my heart race and then after I see that she is sleeping calmly, I toss and turn before my heart calms down so I can get back to sleep. Yesterday John added to the mix by throwing out his ankle again, so it’s been an exhausting week for all of us. I was planning on a major cleaning day, but John has been sleeping most of the day, and Quinn and I have cuddled and she is taking her third nap for the day. I really need to get a nap in, but when there is so much to do, I have to pick my battles, I think I’m leaving the leaves for awhile and focusing on laundry and the inside of the house, playing with Quinn and I’m planning on a nap after the football game. The good things that have happened, Quinn finally got her H1N1 vaccine, and had some great therapy sessions. I hear she is now focusing on the color orange and roosters as her animal of choice to talk about. We are having some issues with her foot braces rubbing her the wrong way, but Chrissy is helping us figure that out, so that is good to get figured out. Over all, I’m just so thankful that her cold seems to be improving! So I think I’ll end there. I need a nap, and since everyone else in the house is sleeping, I might think of resting for a bit before Quinn is ready to play!

1 comment:

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

Quinn...I really like your new website...looks very fancy!...just like you! :)

Hugs!