Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 8th, 2009




This has been a week of continued improvement and education for both Quinn and I. Quinn had a new appointment with her hip doctor and it went well. The x-ray did not show a lot of improvement, a little and that is ok with me. More then that, Quinn herself has so much flexability, her therapists notice it, and so did her doctor. Yeah for that.

Quinn is teething again. She is so tough, she does not complain until it gets to be way to much, then she just wines. As soon as I give her even a little bit of attention, she calms down. I think after this bunch, she will have all her teeth. She has about 4 coming in right now.

Well, my new bit of education is that I am officially starting to educate myself on adding an addition to our house. We won’t be doing it for quite awhile, because we need to save up as much cash as possible. We are thinking of making one of our bathrooms more accessible, and adding either a chair lift or elevator of some sort, as well as a sunroom / therapy room. (Ideally I would love to add in a small pool the size of a large hot tub too, but that will probably have to wait for a long while. So we are once again looking into joining a health center with a pool, because I need to stay / get into better shape so I can continue to be my best for Quinn.) So I am going to start learning about handicapt grants that might be available, contractors that know what to do, what choices I have, what kind of prices are involved, and then after taking all that information into account, how to make it look lovely, not like a hospital. So anyone with any ideas, I’m looking for lots of them. The good thing is that I can still carry Quinn up and down the stairs and get her in and out of the bathtub with out to many issues now, but as I look at the size of some of my 5 year olds at school, I think I might have some issues with that, so I better start figuring out what my options are now. Since I don’t see my fairy godmother flying in to take care of it for me, I better start educating myself! Again, any suggestions would be very appreciated!

My other new bit of education is that I’m getting ready to switch my blog over to a new site, I’m still working a few kinks out of it, but it’s getting close, so when it’s ready I’ll give you that site. It’s going to be lovely!

Past that, Quinn, when she is not teething, she is busy laughing and smiling. She has not wanted to eat by mouth much at all this week, I think it’s because she is drooling so much with those new teeth, so just keeping track of that drool is about all she can handle. She is in the other room singing and singing right now. So I better sign off. Today I’m playing with her and cleaning the house. Yea for a fun day!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

mrs. buhrman said...

I have a friend who is an OT and said she has lots of good info for you...would you like me to pass on your email to her? Amber