Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Letter

Here is Santa, created by Quinn
You better not pout! This is at the end of our photo session with Tabi, and Quinn was done, but I love that little pout on her face. I've got many more photo's to share soon.

Merry Christmas! Here is our Christmas letter -

I think Agnes M. Pharo summed it up best -

“What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.”

I have always loved the spirit of Christmas, believing in Miracles, fairies dancing on the lawn, Christmas decorations hung in the small towns, the childish excitement of walking to the mail box, the lights hung up and all a sparkle, and not knowing what Christmas morning will bring. At the same time, reading the Christmas story, seeing that Jesus started his life in humble beginnings and brought faith and hope to us all. I love the magic that surrounds Christmas. The simple magic, the not knowing, the excitement my students bring to the table. The always-present question I get every year from a group of students – “Is there a Santa Clause?” and I tell them my truth, “I believe in Santa, I believe in the spirit of Santa and the magic he brings.”

I also am realistic, and see so many of my students and friends who don’t have the luxury to enjoy Christmas they way they want to, be it finances, health reasons, or simply not finding the magic. It is my hope that we can all find a bit of the special meaning Jesus brought to us that morning. I pray that this Christmas brings Courage and Hope. A belief in miracles and thankfulness for the past. I do so wish all of you a cup that over flows with blessing and a peaceful new year.

Our year has had it share of stumbles, obstacles, and frustrations, and when I’ve thought, I can’t handle anything else, I am somehow reminded how good I’ve got it. All the new steps Quinn is taking, her joyful laugh that fills the house, all our friends who love and accept us for who we are, and the love that we share with each other. So I’m thankful for that courage and acceptance and I am thankful for the hope we have in our hearts. I look forward to continuing to share our story and as Grandpa Harold said on Quinn’s birthday, “Wow, if Quinn improves as much this next year as she did this last year, hold on!” I’m looking forward to the ride! Merry Christmas and Blessings to you and your family this holiday season.
All our love,
Susan, John, and Quinn Otte

No comments: