Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8th, 2009

Here is Quinn getting ready for the holidays. She is loving Virginia’s Christmas decorations, today is the first day that I have seen her even a little bit interested in our decorations.

Dreams Unlimited and Handprints and Footsteps had a holiday party and Santa was there. He was amazing with Quinn. She was in her fancy chair and I was not going to as him to hold her, but he came over to her and started talking to her and holding her hand, then asked me if it was ok to hold her, and he talked and talked to her, and she just loved him. He makes me love Santa even more! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to be so wonderful Santa. The party consisted of some games that we played, and again one of the girls that ran one game was so good with Quinn. We had food, and Quinn loved the cotton candy! A new one that she will eat and eat.

Here she is a few hours after the party. She had a long nap. I still just love watching her sleep.

Here we are today notice how white it is outside the window. No school for us today or tomorrow. I’ve gotten a bunch of things done today, yet my list is still pretty long. Quinn was so tired and would not take a nap until she laid down with me, so we took a nap together. It was pretty wonderful!

Two days of no school due to snow days has given me a chance to do an extra update this week. The sad part is that we missed one of Quinns final three therapy sessions with Chrissy, and the big meeting with all the LPS girls tomorrow. So we will just have to do a lot more stuff together. We did not get a lot of therapy done today. We were getting ready to and Quinn objected big time, so we took it easy and I got a bunch of things done instead. She was really excited about cuddling up and watching our tree. Past that the pictures tell the story of everything else we did. Oh thanks to Jodi, I did order some new shoes for Quinn that should fit over her braces much better without squishing her feet. We are also getting ready for a few fun events on Saturday for her birthday. I have to admit I have not really gotten things together very well, but a few things are falling into place nicely! Oh, talking about birthdays, Saturday we got her 3 year pictures taken. Tabi has a studio and is a fellow art teacher and friend. She was wonderful and let us take up most of her morning to let Quinn calm down in a new environment and she was right there with me being creative and unique in her approach of taking pictures of Quinn. I have to say we got some amazing pictures! If any of you need to get some here is her information - www.creativeeyesstudio.com - she is amazing!

So thanks to Mother Nature, we had a calm relaxing day today where I got to do some cleaning, and catching up on things, and I was reminded that sometimes it’s nice to just sit back and enjoy the moment! Hope you can all find that moment!
Blessings and thanks for reading!
Susan

No comments: