Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4th


Here are Quinn and Dad, where the rest of the world just fuzzes out and the two of them are the only thing that matters! It’s so good for both of them!

Here are Quinn and Grandma Martha, they had so much fun together this last week. Look at how long Quinn’s hair is getting too!

Here is Quinn after our Thanksgiving walk, all bundled up and loved the first 20 minutes of our walk, then she was done!

Here she is this morning, not quite awake, but this is the first day for piggies with braids!

What a great thanksgiving we had. We spent time with Grandma Martha and Grandpa Harold. It was calm and relaxing, and that is just what we needed after a crazy week. Quinn is feeling so much better. We finished off the antibiotics, and by Sunday Quinn was back to wanting to exercise and move around.

Our first story is about Quinn throwing her first full-fledged temper tantrum. She was sitting at the table for thanksgiving, and she did not have her braces on, yet another reason to have her wearing them all the time. Well she kept pulling her feet out to a ballerina dancer's 5th position and that is not where we want her to hold her feet. Well, her new chair has a place for her feet to go where they will stay in proper alignment. Well I told her if she continued to hold her feet out, I was going to put them in the chair straps. So she looked at me and pulled them even farther out, so I put them in the braces. After a minute she started grumbling and it turned into a full-fledged scream, not an I’m hurting scream, but a rescue me from this chair scream. So daddy took her out, and once again he was the hero. She look at him like he saved her from a pit full of snakes and at the same time looked at me, like I was the mean witch. I’ve started using my mom’s line of I’m a mean mom. Grandma Martha got a big kick out of her tantrum, it shows she is just a regular kid in so many ways!


Here is our fun story for the week. I was reading her a book about farm animals, it’s one of my personal favorites. Well we talked about what animals said, and Quinn was very talkative that night. I said what does a pig say, she says something I don’t quite understand, which is what happens most of the time, but then I said what does a cow say, and a nice loud Moo is what I hear, then I say what does a horse say “moo” she says and smiles. What does a chicken say, pause “moo”, what does a duck say “ moo”, and she kept grinning and smiling, what a fun moment!


We have been working on walker time again, since we did not do much of it last week, I was thinking we would start slow. She did great. Her head control keeps getting better and better. I see her working hard in her walker on it, as well as sitting in her chairs working on it. As for walking, I see her getting better at understanding how things work. She is doing great moving those feet if I move her walker. When she tried to walk on her own, her feet just slide out of under her and she sit’s in her walker, So with just a bit of help, she is totally walking across the room. It’s great to see her improving! Now I’m trying to find some new shoes to help her get some grip on those toes! Yeah Quinn!

No comments: