Friday, January 15, 2010

1-15-10



Laughing - To express certain emotions, especially mirth or delight, by a series of spontaneous, usually unarticulated sounds often accompanied by corresponding facial and bodily movements. -Freedictionary.com

Wow, Wednesday night was a wonderful night. Quinn played with Elijah that day, did walker time, stretching and rolling with Virginia, a good bowel movement (which is a big deal), a nice long nap. Ate Vanilla pudding with bananas, played with mom, hung out with dad, watched some American Idol, and when I was getting her ready to go to bed, I always tell her to tell dad good night, then I pick her up, give her a big hug and we go do the bedroom ritual stuff and then go to bed. Well, I just got done telling her to tell dad goodnight, and picked her up and started to give her a squeeze, and it hit! Laughter, not just a little, but she started laughing, her tummy was moving back and forth against mine and she had the biggest smile on her face. Wow, John and I could not stop smiling, and I’m not totally sure what it was, but the mood hit her and she was showing us what a good day looked like.

Laughter from a child is the best thing ever. I had a good day, but that would make even a bad day wonderful. Oh, listening to the laughter was amazing. Just thinking of it puts a smile on my face. How lucky we are!

1 comment:

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

She has a good reason to laugh and smile. She's been blessed with awesome parents. :-) Hope you're having a great day!