Monday, November 1, 2010

1-1-10


Wow, today was the day for visitors! Chrissy, Jen, Summer, Shelley, Glenda, Superman, ScoobyDoo, Snow White, the Evil Queen (who told us she was no longer evil), and the Cat in the Hat. It was a busy day, that might be why Quinn has chosen not to take a nap today! She has not wanted to miss anything, and any sound our bump has her awake and fighting hard to stay awake. She has been more snotty today, as to be expected, and so while she is doing so good coughing, her throat is hurting and each cough makes it hurt more. So all in all we are doing good, just a few bumps along the way. Well she did not want to sleep through the night either, and kept fighting it, so finally I gave in and crawled in bed with her. On the 5th floor it's no big deal, but in ICU it's a little more difficult, as so many more folks are in to check on her, but I'll do anything for her, even if it means I have folks smelling my bad morning breath, or reaching over me to help her, but after hours of her not falling asleep, less then 10 minutes of me in bed with her, and she was out, and slept great. I'm glad my mom is coming today, as I could really use a nap, but it was well worth it to have Quinn do such a great job sleeping, finally!

Oh, I had a moment yesterday, as I was walking down to take a much needed shower, there was a mom or grandma who ran out of a room, saying nurse, we need help, he is not breathing, he is not breathing, breath, breath! Wow, that brought me back to about 3 years ago, when we were on this same floor, one room away from where we are right now, and the feeling I felt. I sat on the floor of the shower room against the door, holding my breath, waiting to see if they were going to call a code. They did not, which means he started breathing again on his own. It's crazy how a similar even can bring back emotions from so long ago, that you pushed out of your mind. So again, I'm just so thankful for our calm stay this time, and that a code was not called on the other sweetheart in the ICU. I'm learning all kinds of things about trach's and how great they are. Quinn is just doing so well and it's wonderful to see! Thanks for the prayers they are working great!

No comments: