Thursday, May 19, 2011

5-19-11

one of our flower pots.
Quinn on the swing outside, giggling away!
Quinn and Stacie using the eye-gaze machine.
Here you get a good look at her neck brace, she just uses it sometimes. Pretty Cute if you ask me!
What a week! Well, being totally open and honest, I probably should not even admit this, but I think I figured out why Quinn and I have been so sick for the last few months. There has been a funky wet dog smell in our apartment, not overwhelming, but that funky smell, and I’ve tried everything to get rid of it, and it honestly, it did it does not seem to be coming from the dog, I’ve washed him and washed him, and still could not get rid of the smell. Well, finally I had that smack my forehead with my hand moment. I opened up our humidifier to see that it was full of mold and grimy gunk! It was so gross, and the whole thing went directly to the trash. To think that it was purposely pushing all that horrible stuff into the air, instead of a fresh mist. I look back and think how in the world did I miss that as long as I did, but thank goodness, I got it figured out, finally. The last few days walking into the apartment has been great again! Smells good! I seriously feel so bad that our family was breathing in that gunk. GROSS and how bad for us was that. I don’t know if I’m just making it up or what, but Quinn and I have been sleeping better, and breathing better, and John was never sick or complained of anything the whole time, so I’m glad I can close the book on that illness and gross container of sludgy mold.

Quinn has her new collar and really seems to be liking it. She has had it on a few times already, one of them being with Stacie, while she was working with her computer and eye-gaze machine. If Stacie asks her a question, she can look at the right box, and it changes color. It's very cool! It’s so fun to see her working so hard to figure out what to look at, to make work. When I got there they had already started, and even though I try to sneak in, Quinn is to quick, and saw me, and started clicking “good-bye” and looking at Chrissy. What a little smarty! I have to say she was exhausted by the time we left, and was like a little pot of wilted flowers in the backseat. We even ran into a friend, who had not seen Quinn for a while, and Quinn did not make the best impression, as she was ‘wilted’.

She also had a fun night with Chrissy, and Jodi, a friend of mine, was there and had a mission to get Quinn to talk, and I believe the harder someone, especially someone Quinn does not really know, wants Quinn to do something, the less likely she is to do it! She makes me out to be a fibber more often then not! I’m glad there are a few of us that Quinn does work for, or I might think I’m going crazy some days! Well, I could go on and on with that statement, but instead I’ll end with the fact that it is crazy how fast we take our health for granted. I was feeling better and did not even realize it, but sure do complain and feel frustrated with I feel sick. I took the humidifier working for granted, and that did not turn out well, and that reminds me that I need to be thankful for the small things, not just with Quinn, but life in general. In fact we have planted a few flowers in pots on our deck, and they are lovely! Mom brought our swing back to us from storage in her basement, and having the patio set up and working, is such a nice space. Quinn is loving swinging on the swing and breathing in the fresh air, and the weather has been lovely, so we are thankful for that as well!

Blessings,
Susan

an extra: I'd had this typed when we went to therapy, and Quinn worked so hard again. With just Diane's support on Quinn's elbow, Quinn fed her baby doll, and herself over and over with applesauce. It was so fun to see her all smiles and working so hard! Oh, I needed that wonderful moment more then I thought I did! I love Quinn so so so much! What a great afternoon!

yet another extra: Last night was unusual, Quinn wanted to cuddle with me instead of dad. This never happens, and she even started crying, she wanted me! Now John knows how the rest of us feel most of the time. Now I can come back and read this to remind myself that sometimes Quinn choose to be with me instead of dad. Either way is fine with me, but it's nice to be wanted sometimes! :)

No comments: