Friday, August 19, 2011

8-19-11

Well, this is going to be a long journal, so grab a cup of hot tea, or what ever and hunker down. I’m trying to get all my thoughts in order to share all the fun stuff we are up to. Let me also add a disclaimer, Quinn has a cold, and I’m back at work, so I’m a bit tired, so hopefully the story comes out and the muddled mess that I feel is all jumbled up in my head is not so obvious.

First of all, as I said last week school started for teachers, and this week school started for kids. I can tell it’s started, as my throat hurts from talking so much. Going over procedures, finding out what happened this summer, reminding my students of how much I care about them. So it’s an exhausting week! I also struggle with how to get everything done. Working to get my job at school done, as well as my job as Quinn’s mom, let alone being a wife, friend, and dog owner. I think Blue, our dog, has given up on me and waits by the door for John to come home and give him some attention! By the end of the summer, Quinn and I have a great routine, and we are doing so well. Then it’s back to work. I love my job, I love the kids, and I love getting creative with how I teach them art. I do not love giving up my time with Quinn. However it’s a mixed blessing, because I miss Quinn, but she is with Chrissy, who is amazing, I’ve said it over and over, but can’t stop saying it. She is wonderful, and better then go on and on talking about her, check out what they have been up to lately. They took walks, went to the fair, read books, played games, polished fingernails, and loved on each other like no one’s business. So instead of me feeling like I’m missing out on Quinn time, I’m thankful she gets to hang out with Chrissy! Today is the perfect example, Quinn wanted to go shopping, so they did, and she went potty 4 times today! Chrissy also told me how Quinn said "I'm awesome". Wow, she does not do that for me! I’m feeling good if she will go for me once or twice a day!











Chrissy is also taking Quinn to therapy for me, and I’m meeting them there after school! I’m so thankful for that, as I don’t know how we could do therapy without her help!


There was one day a few days back where my mom hung out with Quinn and during that time, Quinn ate and ate and ate, and did great! YEAH!
Quinn is loving the fact that Casey is going to be spending more time at Chrissy’s and as they were waiting for the bus, for Casey to ride on, Quinn was in the best mood. In fact I hear she was a bit bummed out that she did not get to go to school on that bus. She starts on Monday, and is very excited!

Talking about school, today we had Quinn’s IEP meeting, and Quinn was very interesting. She was sitting next to Chrissy, and doing great, singing quietly and listening to what everyone was saying. Then she told Chrissy she wanted Nadean, her school nurse to sit by her. So they switched places. Almost as soon as that happened, Quinn started spitting, that has been her bad habit lately. We found that so interesting and we called Quinn on it, and she stopped. Chrissy told Quinn and everyone how she puts Quinn in timeout when that happens, and Quinn stopped spitting! How crazy is that. What a stinker!
We also came up with goals, and I could not be happier with our support team at school. They are motivated, and caring, and are willing to hold Quinn accountable, and that makes my heart happy! So let me introduce most of her teachers and therapists, and nurses.

Oh, I’m giving a preview of next week, we picked up Quinn’s first day of school outfit, and I don’t think we can ever have a better outfit! I love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! So, I’m already looking forward to sharing 1st day of school pictures with you.

As for Quinn’s House – it’s on hold thanks to all the rain! It’s official that we won’t be in the parade of homes in October, so now we don’t have to rush, and it will get done, when it get’s done! We are simply thankful for all the hard work that Greg and everyone continues to do.

No comments: