Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spending time with family really is priceless!




A great quote I came across!

Most people don't know there are angles whose only job is to make sure you don't get to comfortable. The know how easy it is to fall asleep and miss your life!

What a week! Where to start, well school is back in session for the teachers, so Quinn has been hanging out with Chrissy and a bunch of girls over there, having so much fun! While I have been working like crazy, as we have moved back into our school, after being at a remote site while they redid our school. Well, it's been a lot of work, as is obviously by this story.
I forgot to pick up Quinn! Yes, you read correctly! I told Chrissy this morning, I would be at her house at around 4:15, Chrissy reminded me that my daughter had therapy, and I thought, oh, yes she does, I will see you there! Well my mom and I left school at 4:20ish, to go to Chrissy's house to pick up Quinn, and I got the sweetest call from Chrissy at 4:30, asking if we were ok. I said yes, we are fine, just got caught in traffic and will be to your house shortly, and she very nicely said, well we are at therapy! So now I'm the mom that forgets to pick up her child! Nice! I blame it on being exhausted from moving and unpacking lots and lots of boxes, but yes, I have now forgotten to pick up my daughter!

Another fun story - Quinn has always loved being outside and going pretty much anywhere. Well, the county fair is going on right now, and Quinn loves it. She however loves her friend Casey more. So Chrissy asked the girls if they wanted to go to the fair, knowing Quinn would say yes. Well, Casey did not want to go, it's hot and she wanted to hang around the house, so Casey said "no", she did not want to go, so Quinn said "no" she did not want to go either! Wow, it's starting already at 4 years old. Choosing to do what the older cool kids want to do! What in the world? Where did my little girl go? Uggg! On that same note, we had open house at school tonight and I saw a bunch of my high school kids come back to Zeman, and it's so good to see them, but my Zeman kids are growing up too! Ugg again, I better sign off before I get all emotional! Where does the time go?
Blessing and thanks so much for checking in on us!
Susan

No comments: