Tuesday, August 30, 2011


Way way back in the day, I ran across this book, and fell in love with the idea. I wanted to get Quinn involved in something like this, but at the time Quinn was so young, and I was not prepared. Well, Quinn had her first dance class last night. I wish I could say she loved it, but that was not the case. We got there, and she started fussing, and complaining. It was something new, and she had not had a nap, so she was grouchy. Getting to the dance studio was an adventure. There is a Tatoo shop right below the dance studio, and when we got there, I was not sure how I was going to get Quinn up the stairs with her bags and her walker. Well, thanks to a very nice guy walking out of the tatoo shop, we got everything up the stairs. I was sweating and tired after getting everything up there, so Quinn was a bit put off by that as well. So we got her in her walker and in the room. She was already starting to pout. She even knew a few of the other girls in the class. There were girls in wheelchairs, and girls without. All the girls were adorable and had their own set of disabilities, but were precious and amazing in their own way. One of the little girls, after every direction, would tell her teacher, I don't think I can do it, my body does not let me do that, the teacher would say, you are doing wonderful, and in turn she would beam and keep working hard.

Well, Quinn started off with apprehension, and I was going to try to get out of the room, to give Quinn some of her own time, but that did not happen. After a full out cry, I pulled her off to the side, and she calmed down. In hind site, I think her walker was pinching her leg a bit! Opps! So we readjusted, and she danced by me and watched most of the rest of class. I think next class, when Quinn's therapist that she knows is there, she will do better! We went out and got her a special dance outfit, and are waiting to get her new shoes after we get her new braces, so be prepared, pictures are coming in a few weeks! So hopefully next class will be more successful, but we are starting and that is a big deal!

Thanks to our dance teachers for being willing to offer this class! It's a big deal and we are excited!

No comments: