Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Saturday in the life of the Otte's:

The day started out with a run to the vet with Blue for an update of shots, and trimming of the toenails, and I am so excited not to hear him moving from room to room, all night long.  No more click, click, click, click!  Hooray!  Then thanks to friends, I got to the gym to work out, and being accountable for me is a big deal, and having someone there who will give me a hard time, if I'm not there is very nice!


Then I came home to Greg, and Grandpa Harold being here to smooth out our yard, and get rid of the weeds.  We were planning on getting sprinklers and sod when we moved in, but the Nebraska drought changed that plan, so now we are getting it done.  So it went from weeded, with huge water cracks, to looking nice and smooth and weed free!  We are so lucky to have Greg sticking with us, as he is crazy busy, so we are so thankful he is still helping us out!
Greg moved the boulders into place to decorate our landscaping, and now we have 4 beautiful boulders decorating our front yard.  I love them.
As I turn to look at our front porch and door, it looks so empty, as we had a few big pots of flowers sitting there all summer, and now I'm thankful for the pumpkins, and our door art, but it sure looks empty now.  We had our first freeze last night, so the pots are sitting in the garage now.  


Next up were haircuts for Quinn and I.  Quinn got 4 inches cut off, and she is as cute as a button!  She was just as cute before, but she is just adorable now! 

When we were done at the hair dressers, we came home to see Greg working hard in the back yard, and John and his dad checking out our nice clean dirt yard, with no weeds!  Horary for that!

So now we are resting, and relaxing for a bit.  I've got a big pot of soup on the stove, and we are going to enjoy a bit of football on the TV.  What a wonderful day!

Oh, on a side note, we had Quinn's first parent teacher conference on Thursday.  I got there early, because I totally wrote the wrong time down, so we were sitting reading books, and both conferences before us, walked by us and the parents said, hi Quinn, so she is already known to the parents of her classmates.  Once we started ours, we were told how she loves her classmates, how she is a hard worker, and is willing to work hard for the teachers, but will always work harder for her classmates, and how if she won't answer the teacher, the teacher has a couple of students that will ask her the same question, and she has always answered them.  We hear some fun stories about personal interactions with Quinn, and how all the teachers are working hard to help Quinn be her best.  I had to remind them that Quinn can write with help, and she will talk, using real words, but was told that is not happening yet, but I'm ok with that, because so many things are falling into place, and giving it a bit more time, even more will.  The interesting part of the night, is as I got Quinn into the van, she says "home", I said are you ready to go home, and she says "dad", then giggles.  Oh, she is quite a girl, not a word in school, but the moment we are in the van, she is more then willing to talk again!  Oh, she is quite a girl!  I love her so!
Blessings to you, and thanks for checking in on us!  Susan


No comments: