Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What a week!  A crazy Nebraska football game, and I ended up going to the hospital.  After throwing up over 20 times, it was time.  Then I found out that over 30 other teachers at my school were also throwing up all day!  Weird!  Glad that Saturday is over, but we did get to watch a great football game, as we sat in the ER room.  We are also so thankful for Grandpa Harold and Grandma Martha for watching Quinn as we were out.  Actually I can't think of the last time John and I were out alone on a Saturday night, wow, date night in the ER.  Hey it's a start.
Oh, a sweet sleeping Quinn.  Well granted this is Monday at 5:00 and dance class is at 6:00.  Well, we missed dance class again, I wonder if it's because she choose not to sleep the last two nights.  Her allergies are a mess right now, and it's frustrating seeing her fight her allergies, but these moments where she can rest and look so adorable, are pretty wonderful.
Well today, not only did we finally get Quinn's power chair back, we also celebrated dad's birthday!   Happy Birthday John!  Look at Quinn just stare at dad.  Oh those two are pretty amazing together.  Here we have the three generations and they are all doing so well.  Yeah for that.
I think the only things going on here right now are Quinn is working so hard at school, and fighting her allergies, I feel like by the time she gets home, she is wiped out.  I think that is the way it is for many kindergartners, but I know if we give it time, Quinn will get use to working hard and will be ready to work and play with me at home as well.
Well, we are thankful Quinn is doing well, we are thankful for all the folks at her school who continue to learn about her, and more then that, they are holding her accountable, and making her work.  I was worried that would not see how smart she is, but it sound like that is not the case at all, and I love that.  I will find out what is going on for sure on Thursday, as I am going in for parent teacher conferences.  Oh boy, our first one, that should be interesting!

No comments: