Friday, April 11, 2014

I still love therapy.  Watching Quinn work so hard, and watching the therapists like Diane in this picture love her up as much as she motivates her to work.  
 Our other big deal, is we signed up for summer camp.  Two of them.  One is the Christian Camp through our church, I'm excited about it, because it's only a couple nights, and I get to go along.  I admit I'm a bit of a control freak, and like to know what is going on all the time, so this way, I will.  Well almost, the bummer about this one is that Quinn can not go, as it is not accessible.  Quinn is fine with not going, as she will be hanging out with Chrissy, Annette, and Ben, and is super excited about that.  

The other very thick envelope is for Easter Seals camp, this camp is accessible for everyone, and there are all kinds of nurses, and counselors who are trained to help make camp fun for everyone no matter how well they move, or are in wheelchairs, or trachs, or heart issues, or what ever special need they might have.  This one is 3 nights, I think, and I was not sure I was ready for Quinn to go just yet.  I know she is ready, but not me.  After thinking about it, I called them to ask if they need any peer helpers and leaders?  They said that would be great.  So next I had to talk to all three kids to see if they would want to all go.  Talking about how most of the kids there would be like kids in Quinn's dance class, great kids that might have braces or wheelchairs or what not.  Isaiah was in right away, no questions, he wanted to go to two camps and have fun and help out.  Denali had a question first.  "Do I have to swim in a dirty lake?"  After hearing she did not, she was all for going as well.  No questions about special needs, how much they would have to help, who would be there, nothing.  I love how my kids simply understand that kids are kids no matter what, and there is really nothing more to do with it.  If only more adults saw it through the same eyes.  Oh, I'm thankful for both these camps already and can't wait for new experiences for all my kids.  Oh summer we are getting excited for you to get here!


Quinn had a doctor appointment in Omaha on Wednesday, which went very well.
We were greeted at home with giggles, love you's, and lots of blankets, as we have been busy making forts like crazy this week.

 I love how Denali is being so silly and Quinn is looking at her, wondering what is she thinking.
Finally it's getting nice out, and Quinn has started her driving practice outside, and it's been so fun to watch her keep improving.  She is amazing, slow, and steady,  improving all the time.


No comments: