Sunday, July 13, 2014

Once we got home from South Dakota, the kids had one day to rest and repack, and they were off to camp.  Not just any camp, but Camp Eagle, which is totally handicap accessible, and where they are willing to do meds and are comfortable taking care of Quinn.  The best part, is after talking to them, Isaiah and Denali went as peer helpers.  What an amazing camp.



 The kids all did the flying squirrel.



 The counselors were amazing.  Most of them were from over seas, and their accents were lovely.  More then that, they loved up my kids like crazy.

 Everyone loves swimming!

 The kids all got awards at the end of camp.

Denali got  -  Fisher woman Award

Quinn got  -   Courageous Camper

Isaiah got -  King of the Lake






 They rode horses and played at the lake.


 Before we went, all three kids had moments where they were so excited, then a few minutes later, they were nervous, or did not want to go at all.  As this was the first time for all of them to be away from me, with basic strangers.  
Well, after we got there, the kids all three took off in different directions with different staff members.  By the time I was done going over paperwork, Isaiah was playing soccer with the guys, Denali was walking down  to see the pool with a couple counselors, and Quinn was out of her chair cuddling with a couple counselors.  

I did not have anyone hanging on me, wanting to go home, instead they were all totally happy and doing great.  I could not have been happier with them being so content when I left.

What a great few days at camp!  I can not begin to say how thankful I am for Easter Seals Camp.  All three kids are so excited to go back!

No comments: