Friday, May 8, 2015

We have been talking about finances.  Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa, the kids have some spending money.  Thanks to ideas from friends, I am charging the kids a quarter every time a bad choice is made in the van, as we will be together for 24 hours driving to Disney and again on the way back.
I also have a pack of math worksheets and writing prompts for every time I hear the words "I'm board".  The kids know all about everything, so they are preparing themselves.  
We have also been pricing things so they understand how expensive things are going to be at Disney. We talked about how Disney gifts are fun, because they will remind them of the trip, yet, if they have money left, they can buy things at home too.  They are totally in charge of their money, so we won't hear, can I have this or that, instead those statements get's me more quarters too.  I keep telling them, I home they make lots of bad choices so I have lots of quarters to buy myself some fun Disney gifts. :)
 Lots of learning is happening because of this upcoming trip.  I'm almost sad it's getting closer to being here in some ways, we have done so much reading and writing and learning, and having fun, leading up to our trip, I"m going to have to figure out some fun projects to do that are not Disney based when we get home.
 Here we are getting our new money holders.
 and counting out our cash.  YEAH!
 We have also been making our lists of what things we want to see and what rides we want to ride.  Understanding there is no way we will be able to do everything, so we have to focus on a few favorites and then see how much time we have left!

No comments: