Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2-24-10


Well - you never know what you are going to be reading when you look on here, we change things up, and Quinn just could not catch her breath yesterday. She tends to have some breathing issues at times, but yesterday's therapies is where I started taking note of some really strange breathing. It got worse as the night went on, and finally I had to take her to St. E's hospital. We did not have to wait in the waiting room at all, were taken directly to a room and they started breathing treatments right away. She got a little better, but they admitted us because she as still struggling a bit. So now it's been about 12 hours since we have been here and she is doing better. I'm not as worried about her breathing but it still is not great. She really only has been super stressed when they were giving shots and drawing blood, which is to be expected, but through her whole breathing thing, I can tell she has been a bit scared, but not to bad. She has kept her hands pretty relaxed and has gone back and forth from not breathing well, to singing when she was doing better. I tell you, she is a special girl. Here she is in the hospital trying her best to get her breath, and the moments she has it, she is so grateful and let's us know that. I always think back to my grandma Dolores when it come to breathing issues. She had a hard time catching her breath sometimes and would tell me how that was the scariest thing ever. I can see that being true, so when Quinn sings with joy over the breaths that she does catch, it just reminds me how we need to be thankful for the simple things. She does a great job of that.

So prayers would be wonderful. I am thinking we will probably go home today, but never to sure. Right now Quinn is still working harder then usual to catch her breath, but at the same time, playing with her lion and jabbering to me. Wow, I've said it before but she is my little inspiration! I can't even tell you how much I love her!

blessings
Susan

1 comment:

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

Susan...oh my goodness...what a time! Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Definitely, I am praying! :) Hugs! Chrissy :)