Thursday, February 4, 2010

2-3-10


Here are Quinn flowers, if you look carefully you will see her face in the center of each flower. One of my girlfriends, Shelley, made them for us for Christmas, and they are lovely, about 12 inches wide and will look great in the backyard when we can "plant" them.

We have had a better week. Or maybe I should rephrase that as I’ve had a better week, since Quinn has been doing pretty good the whole time.

Lets start with Sunday, Dreams Unlimited and Handprints had a pool party and Quinn and I went. I learn so much when I go to these events. I watch and see how parents move some of the bigger kids, and I pack that information away to remember. Quinn loved it. The pool was nice and warm, and there were not to many people there, so we played and played. Quinn got splashed a few times and did fine. She enjoyed watching kids jump off the board, but more then anything we swam. Quinn loves being in the water and that might be the pool for us to join, I’m a little worried about how busy it gets on a normal day, but it worked well for us. The fun part for me was about half way through we started doing laps, and we would get to the end and I would ask Quinn, are you done, or do you want more. She had the “more “ down pat. It was great to hear.

As for the week, I give Virginia a big thanks. School is starting early and going late, thanks to all the snow days, and I am currently dropping Quinn off at 7:15 so I can get to work on time. Usually John watches her in the mornings, but the last two weeks, he has not been able to. He is no longer puking, but now his hand and legs or feet are swollen and he can hardly walk and can’t pick Quinn up, so it’s very nice that Virginia has been so wonderful in watching Quinn early. Thanks to her!

Another Virginia story, actually there have been lots of them lately, Quinn is not wanting to walk in her walker and it’s been that way since Saturday, she is doing pretty good standing up holding onto a couch or ottoman. So Virginia figured out if she reads a book so Quinn can see the pictures, Quinn will stand for the whole book, then when the book is done, she is too, and sits down. It’s not a super easy stand and sit, and she falls easily, so we have to be right there, but that is great that Virginia is finding ways to help Quinn work on standing and walking when she does not want to do it with the walker. I’m hoping she is ready to be in it again soon, as it is good for her, but as long as she keeps working hard, I’ll take it. One more story from Virginia’s house was this morning. I was leaving and Virginia had Quinn in her arms and said tell mom bye, and plain as day, Quinn said “bye”, so Virginia and I both were loving all over her telling her how good she did. Then I left and once I was right outside the door, Quinn laughed for Virginia, the big belly laugh. Yeah!

This afternoon we went to see Dr. Martin, Quinn’s heart doctor and they did another ultrasound on her heart. Dr. Martin is watching her ventricle carefully because it is leaking. Thanks to God, it’s not getting worse and Dr. Martin was pleased it had not gotten worse, so she said we should come back in 6 months for another check up. Yeah! A good checkup! I needed that as much as Quinn did. Quinn did actually look at Susan, the nurse, and show a bit of her personality, but when Dr. Martin came in she curled up in a ball and would not even look at her. I’ll take that and be good with it. Well it’s tradition to do something fun for Quinn after doctor appointments. I asked her if we could do an oil change then go home, but she said no, so we talked about things we could do and she decided she wanted to go home and read books, well we got home around 5:00, I got her hooked up to feed her, and she promptly fell asleep, so as of now, at 8:00, we still have not read any books, but we will, if anything when I take her up to bed, I’m sure she will wake up and then we will get one in, or if not, we will get up a bit early and read in the morning.

No comments: