Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2-9-10


Here is Quinn and her nebulizer, when she does not feel good we just send saline through it to help her stay moist and break up the crud in her sinuses. I wanted to get the tiny water drops on her eyelashes, but my camera just could not seem to pick them up. Quinn is not a fan of the nebulizer, but puts up with it because it makes her feel better and she knows it.

We have had a busy week again. Thursday through Saturday Quinn was a sick little girl. She had a stomach bug of some kind and a bad cough. Virginia was wonderful and kept watching her, while she did not feel all that great either. Sunday I would say she started feeling better but she still has quite a cough.

This week is a crazy week for us. I am only spending Wednesday afternoon with Quinn, other wise its therapy and wonderful friends willing to watch Quinn for me while I have conferences and meetings. Amy watched Quinn yesterday afternoon and Quinn has officially let her into “the group” of folks who Quinn will talk to. Virginia dropped her off at Zeman and I brought her in and Amy met us in the hallway, and Quinn saw her and started jabbering like crazy to her, a few other teachers walked up and Quinn stopped. This happened several times after I left as well, she talked and talked with it was just the two of them, if anyone else walked in, she would quiet up and look away. Quinn even used real words for Amy as they were reading a book with colors and Quinn said Blue for Amy. Yea! I don’t know what it takes for Quinn to talk to you, but I’m not surprised she talks for Amy! Thanks Amy! As for all our other friends at Zeman, just give it time and more meetings, those relationships are what Quinn works for and needs.

1 comment:

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

Amy...welcome to the club of those of us Quinn talks to...the membership is increasing all of the time! Hugs! Chrissy :)