Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10th, 2010


Here we are at Sun Studio, Memphis TN, we took a week off to go see Grandpa Ron and took Grandma Martha to Memphis with us. Here is where Quinn showed us I don’t know what I’m talking about. I get done saying she will not eat ice cream, and then she shared one with Grandpa.


The two of them just loving on each other!


This is the best three generation picture we got, as we were waiting to see the Peabody Duck Walk.

It’s been a busy week, went from working like crazy on the house thanks to some wonderful friends and a very busy mom, thanks a bunch. To escaping from Lincoln for a few days and going to Memphis to see family. It was a great escape but I don’t think we got in all that much rest and relaxation. Quinn had a few good naps but by the end of the week she was breathing pretty heavy. She did not show off to the extent that she has sometimes. She did stay nice and relaxed with her hands and did a good job looking around. Once when grandpa Ron was pushing her in her stroller, she grabbed on the bars of her chair, like she was worried he was going to tip her out. Another fun story – the one where she proves me wrong, yet again. We were at Sun Studio’s going on a tour, and they don’t let kids take the tour, so Grandpa Ron stayed with Quinn, and they were going to have a Coke float, well I said that Quinn does not like ice cream, and when I got out of the tour, she had eaten a bunch of ice cream and was opening her mouth for more. She continues to prove me wrong and I’ll take it. As for her talking to anyone down here, not a word. Lots of weird breathing and cooing, but no real words in front of family. One of these times she will show off with the words, I know it. Past that, she was up for lots of site seeing and lots of love.

This next week gets Quinn back to therapy appointments and me back to researching houses and talking to architects, and continuing to educate myself on what will be best for us in the short run and the long run. So I just need to keep praying and educating myself and hope that God will help the right thing come to us. I’m not going to let a little thing like a house burden me to much. We have other things to deal with, so we will just keep fighting our way through all of this! Thanks to Grandpa Ron and our great family for loving up Quinn and praying for Great Grandpa Harold that he keeps getting better. It’s been a busy fun week and I’m ready for a nap!

On the trip home Quinn did great for the first six hours, then she was done and started breathing all crazy and would not calm down, so I pulled off the road and got us a hotel room and as soon as I got her out of the car she was just fine. Her breathing calmed down and she was happy as can be. Hmmmm, I guess I am not the boss in this family. Oh well, an early night, a swimming pool and HBO, so I guess it worked out pretty good!

No comments: