Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29th


Another fun filled summer week. We played with a few of my old high school classmates this last weekend, and it’s always good to hear from them that they see improvement in Quinn. The biggest thing that was commented on was how her disposition changes if I am in the room or out of the room. Good to hear that she wants to be with me, but at the same time it makes me a bit nervous for school to be starting up here soon.


We have also been enjoying the weather. Blue has decided to be Quinn’s nurse maid, and as I’m working to pull weeds or water or tend to this our that outside, Blue tends to Quinn. It’s adorable! I’ve caught him sleeping on the job, but I think I’ll keep him.

The for sale sign is in the yard, and so now we are on the mission of keeping the house picked up and ready for a moments notice to be shown. We were putting in an offer on a lot to build on, but there was a bidding war between a few other folks and I was not going to get involved in that, so we are waiting things out, and saying some prayers for the right situation to happen, when ever that may be. I’m hoping sooner rather then later, but we will see. So after cleaning windows again, and bathrooms again, I’ve been working on my sewing skills, they still have a long way to go, but I’ve made up some pillows to go with Quinn’s chairs that will be at school and at Chrissy’s house. Sometimes they just look to theraputic, for lack of a better word, and I wanted them to look cuter, as well as having them help hold her head in better alignment, and help her arms get into a better position to work.


Quinn has had a week of ups and downs. She has not felt super, and has been sick one day, then the next day she is good again. She has been doing a good job eating again. So I’m thankful for that. Yesterday we went back to Madonna for our therapy session. She did great, the gal that heads up her group, talked about how she was in a much better mood and did a great job playing with the therapy dogs that were there. My group had a super speaker talking about wholist medicine. He talked about pressure points and finding ways to let stress go, as well as lots of facts on the space and people around you making as big of a difference as the drugs you are given. I came out of it thankful that Quinn loves music and how it can relax and help the brain continue to heal, so we are on the right track there, and there are some new types of music I’m going to look into. I’m also going to look into essential oils more, he talked a lot about them, so give me some time to do research and I’ll share a few of those tips on what I find.

I’ve also been busy creating a book about Quinn and all her stuff, this will be sent to school with her, so folks can read about her and see her in the way I see her. AS she does not tend to make great first impressions, and I don’t blame her, but as I say in the book, just give her some love and attention and watch for some amazing inspiration! OK, well I’m off to read some books with Quinn and keep tiding up the house. I’m hopinn this might be a trend that I get use to having a sparce house and keeping it clean. It’s pretty nice, and currently there are only three things that I wish I would not have packed, and of course can’t get to the boxes they are in. Oh, well, I guess I don’t really need them!
Blessing to you all!
Susan

No comments: