Thursday, December 2, 2010

12-2-10




Hello! We have been going back and forth from doing well and feeling good, to being exhausted and has Quinn ever caught another cold. I’m thankful for my mom being at the house with us last night. I had reached my exhaustion point and was ready to take Quinn to the hospital, but we all calmed down and mom took Quinn for the rest of the night, and I got some sleep, which I needed so much. Today I’m ready to go again. So Quinn is not in school today, and we will see what tomorrow brings. I want her to be in school so much, but wow those germs, so I really want to get Quinn’s immune system up to date, and healthy so we can get back to a routine.

Quinn did manage to get to therapy on Tuesday and we both learned a lot. Stacy has worked with lots of trach kids and she really worked with Quinn. Suzanne also works with Quinn, which works out great, that she gets speech and physical therapy together, which is working out great. I learned that it’s ok for Quinn to cough without just pulling out her passy valve that helps her cough. Sometimes it’s hard for me to see her coughing her so hard, without doing something to help, but I’m learning to give her a bit of time and she can solve her own issue. So patients is a good thing, yet again.

Here are a few pictures of her working so hard at therapy.

No comments: