Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6-15-11

Hello there! A quick midweek report! Lots of pictures to share.

Two fun stories. First we were at therapy with Diane this morning painting raindrops, and Quinn did a great job either repeating the number Diane said, or saying the next number. That was great to see. The frustrating part about it is that sometimes when Quinn is talking, she wants to keep her tongue sticking out of her mouth, so part of me is amazed she can get her words out with her tongue in the way, while the other part of me wishes she would keep her tongue in her mouth where it belongs. She does not stick it out all the time, just sometimes, and I have not figured out why she does it when she does. The counting however, is wonderful and that is the point I wanted to stress.

Our second story is that yesterday I told Quinn how we would stop by Chrissy's and get some pictures from her house. So after therapy today I told Quinn how we were going to see Chrissy. Then I followed it up with the fact that we were only going to stay there for a few minutes because we had another meeting to get to, and Quinn started crying and yelling. Once we got to Chrissy's she was fine, but I think she was upset that she did not get to stay there. She sure did love on Chrissy when we were there, so that was wonderful to see, and hear. Quinn is starting to get more and more information across to us, we just have to really listen.

It's crazy how I look at the beginning of the week, and it looks like we have a bit of down time, and then after a day of talking to doctors and friends, the entire week is booked up. I'm so thankful to have a bit of time off to get Quinn and I to all our doctor appointments. Oh, I have not talked about John's doctor appointments for awhile! He got great news from one of his many doctors. He does not have to go to his kidney doctor for 4 months! That is a big deal, now if we could only get his blood to the right thickness, past that, his heart and body are doing well.

Well, today Quinn and I went and painted pottery with Tracy. Well, sort of, as Quinn decided to finally take a nap once we got there at 4:00. So I did most of the work, she was awake while we picked out a pot and pick out the colors, then took a snooze, but she woke up in time to do just a little bit. So we will have a picture of her and her pot coming up.

Last weekend we went up to the farm. Grandma read Quinn some books, I love watching Quinn read a book, she gets so excited and does such a good job scanning the pages.
Here is Grandma, Quinn, and Kaleb.
Here are Quinn and Kaleb. Kaleb has always done a great job with his cousin Quinn, but this time he asked more questions about Quinn, and asked me if it's ok that he feels sorry for her that she can't walk and do what we can do. I told him, that's ok, and sometimes I feel sorry for her too, but we agreed that there is still so much Quinn can do and we are both happy to have her in our lives.
Here is a random picture, and Quinn did not even see the baby birds, as we went out to see them when she was in bed, but my mom has lots of bluebird nests, and does her weekly check in's and these guys were so cute. Thought you might enjoy them.
Here is Quinn's newest cousin Kyra, and John is also in there with the girls. Two precious little girls here.
Now for a few pictures from Chrissy's house. Starting off with Quinn and Ben.
Next up are a couple of Casey and Quinn.

Now here are Justice and Quinn. I love the one of the two of them coloring on the calendar.

No comments: