Friday, September 30, 2011

9-30-11

At school Quinn is learning about stranger danger. They had a police officer talk to them and Quinn got her picture taken in the police car.
Here is a painting Quinn did with Diane at therapy. It's interesting how she tends to really take her time and think about things. I'm not sure if she is thinking where should I put the next color, or come on arms, work already. Either way, she does not give up, and after a bit of wait time, she gets it figured out.
An interesting story for the week. We now have gotten the apartment complex to install a hand held shower handle for me to give Quinn baths easier, and with that and her shower chair, baths are great now. Well, when I don't forget what I'm doing. I forgot to turn the water from the main shower head to the hand held shower and it poured right onto Quinn's face. After I shut off the water, Quinn started crying, and was she mad at me. You would think I would feel bad to see her cry, but instead I love it. She does not cry very often, and this was a very appropriate time to cry, as I blasted her face with water, I'm so glad it was not super hot, so after comforting her, and getting her clean, I was so happy to scoop her up, and talk to her about how nice it is to see her get upset when she totally should. Just goes to show she does have it going on! I know she does, but it's always nice to see it backed up.

1 comment:

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

I think that it is very cute that Quinn is holding her washcloth in the picture....is she thinking..."hmm....maybe I should clean up any dribbles that I leave since it is a police car"....or maybe "I think, I will just take this along in case I get scared"....or "Here, mister officer, I will help clean your car!" Knowing her, she had a plan! :)