Saturday, September 24, 2011



What a week! Ever have one of those weeks where you have to much! That was my last week! With parent teacher conferences, new lessons, a couple extra meetings, a couple extra classes, getting ready to teach a new class, and a few other things thrown in there, I feel like I hardly got to spend any time with Quinn.

Quinn got new braces "magic shoes" on Monday, and I actually like the shoes they gave us to go over the top. Normally they are to tight, or two heavy. These are pretty loud, but Quinn is loving them and her braces. After a busy day at school and getting her braces, Chrissy took Quinn to dance class, where I finally go to meet up with them. We had her walker along, and she was so cute in her dance outfit! We got in to start dancing, and after a few minutes, she started crying again! What in the world? Why is she getting so upset? She has walker time at home and does fine. She already knows a few of the girls, this is something that I really wanted to get her involved with, as she needs the movement and loves music, so I really thought this would be great for her. Well thankfully Suzanne, her regular therapist helps with the class, and said that she would get her out of her walker and hold her to see how she would do. I would have done that, but don't want to be the overbearing mom that just joins all the kids out on the floor. So I was so thankful to Suzanne. Well, that is all Quinn wanted was to be free of the walker to move as she wanted, with Suzanne's help. I saw Quinn moving her feet, smiling ear to ear, clapping, and loving being right there with the girls without her walker. Suzanne was giving her support on her trunk, and Quinn tushy was resting on Suzanne's legs, but Quinn was moving and grooving to the music and moving her feet all on her own. She had to take breaks and sit down in Suzanne's lap and clap and move her arms when she got tired, but I think we figured out the issue and got to see Quinn shine. It was wonderful! The one time I don't have my camera along, and she was doing so good. Even Suzanne said she saw Quinn moving more then she had ever seen.

Past that, Grandma and Grandpa Nelson watched Quinn a few evening and spoiled her rotten! She went potty at school for the first time. As they told her that she was not going to get anymore stickers for just sitting on the potty, she actually had to go there. So I heard that Quinn was upset and had to concentrate, but she went! Yeah for Quinn.

No comments: