Sunday, September 11, 2011

Here we are sitting in the Stadium, and I still at times am overcome with Quinn's beauty, inside and out! I love her so much!
Here she is, ready to go celebrate with Cornhusker Fans, as we go listen to the marching band!

Well, Quinn is smarter then I think sometimes! She is now a sticker chart girl big time.

Over the last few days, we have figured out that she will work much harder if a sticker is involved.

The funny part is that I just talked to my staff at school about how external rewards are not always the best for kids. I did mention that sometimes for younger kids and special circumstances it would be ok, and in Quinn’s case she is little and it’s working, so it is just fine with me.

Well, Quinn has her sticker chart for when she goes potty, and she is still doing great with that! She is a rock star on the potty and I’m so thankful! We are still doing diapers, because sometimes if we are not paying attention or she has a big sneeze, the diapers come in handy. But the stickers have gotten us to where we are, so I’m grateful for that as well!

So at therapy on Tuesday, Quinn did not want to do anything until Suzanne talked about letting her get something out of the prize box. Then she worked her tail off. Next up was Thursday, and Diane was prepared, and had three goals for Quinn, and after each goal, she got to pick out a sticker and put it on her chart. After getting her chart full, she got to put a big sticker on her big chart, and after she gets that full of 6 stickers, she gets a prize box prize.
Her goals for that hour were to roll up/down wedge 3 times, Push 5 objects off her tray with each hand, and pick up and put down 3 bugs by matching them to another bug that is the same. She did it, and was so excited to pick a sticker and add it to each of her goals when she got them done!

This Saturday was fun! Did you know that you can watch the marching band as they practice on the day of a game. It's wonderful and it's free! Quinn has always loved music, John has always loved Nebraska football, and I love the word free, so when Chrissy and I were talking about it, I thought that would be great! The weather was beautiful, we found a handicap parking place right away, and the excitement around a football game is always fun. So thanks to Chrissy knowing the ropes, we had a great afternoon!



Finally the halftime show was all American pride based, as a tribute to 911 and what happened 10 years ago today. I remember where I was, as do most of us. The band was amazing and I got goosebumps several times as they practiced. I was hoping Quinn would be all smiles and love it. Well, we did not get to many smiles, her allergies are getting to her, but she was loving the music, and moving and totally into it. In fact there were a few times when the band had stopped to talk about changing this or that, and Quinn would say more, or start singing some of what she just heard! So even though I did not get lots of smiles, listening to her singing for a few moments here and there, made the trip wonderful, as well as spending a wonderful afternoon with Quinn, John, and Chrissy! The simple pleasures of life are so wonderful!

No comments: