Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Halloween

Oh boy, it's getting close to Halloween. I have to say that we have had Quinn's character idea ready for almost a year. Last year at this time we were in the hospital getting Quinn's trach, (which has been a blessing) which I was very worried about getting. Well, as Chrissy, Annette and I were learning how to do trach changes, we pulled Quinn hair up to get it out of the way, we noticed that her hair reminded us of Cindy Lou Who, and how cute that would have been to have as her costume. Although I would not trade her being a home builder for anything, as Quinn wanted that over a princess, and I still love that she chose that. She loves Greg, and it shows as she wanted to be like him.

Well, here you go, our very own little Cindy Lou Who! I love what she stands for, I love the cute hair dos, I love the whole idea. So we did a few practice runs a few days ago, I could not pick a favorite picture, so here are a few. I love how she fell asleep loving and hugging the Grinch and puppy after we played and read the book. (if you click on the pictures, they will show up bigger on your screen)



Oh, our fun story for the week. Matt is the guy who works for the wheelchair company, and has brought our trial chair out to us to use at Handprints and Footsteps. Last week he left thinking, I don't know if Quinn is a good kid who will be able to use our chair. Well today she proved him wrong. She is a kid who needs wait time and practice. Well, she has been practicing, thanks to Chrissy who has gotten Quinn over there a few times. Quinn needs practice and a correct set up. I got to see the end of her therapy session Tuesday, and I saw her drive down the sidewalk, and turn at the curb cut and drive out into the parking lot. (she knows it's ok to drive out in the parking lot, as that is a nice big space to practice in.) It is great to see her being successful! Well Matt was set straight, and was so impressed with how well she was doing after just a few days of practice. We still have a few things to work out before we get started in ordering the chair, but it's getting exciting! I tell you what, she inspires me every day! What an amazing little girl we have, as well as support! Thanks to the girls at Handprints who are so invested in Quinn's success!

No comments: