Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What a fun day!

It's Quinn's fun Wednesday, where she does not go to school but learns life lessons with Chrissy and rests up! She got both today big time. A group of them went to the Lincoln Capital Building, which is an amazing architectural building, and they had fun. I love the picture where the kids are laying on the floor looking at the art above them. I also love how Alexis has her hand under Quinn's head. Chrissy added in: Fun note...Alexis told me she put her arm behind Quinn's head because the tour guide had told all of the kids to put their hands behind their heads, and in Alexis-logic "I put my arm behind Quinn's head because she can't put her arms back like that."....I love how the two of them love on and take care of each other! I love the picture of Quinn and Chrissy on the 14th floor of the capital looking out. Chrissy said that Quinn loved it and was pushing as hard as she could to see out and they talked about how little the cars were. Isn't it good for all of us to remember to step back and look at life from a new angle every now and then.

After all the fun at the capital, Quinn got back to Chrissy's and went potty after staying dry all morning, and promptly fell asleep for most of the afternoon. What a wonderful day!

She does have to make up some sleep as she was sick and missed her first day of school last Friday. She felt better over the weekend, but she is waking up a few times during the night to cough, and that is hard on both of us. If we compared our health issues to last year, we are doing great. We missed so many days last year due to the breathing, or lack of proper breathing, because by this time last year, we had been in the hospital a few times, and it ended in getting a trach, and we were in the hospital on Halloween last year, so our year anniversary of having a trach is coming up and that does not seem possible. After Quinn's taking Friday off of school, John took Monday off feeling sick, and now I have to say I have a sore throat, so it's hitting all of us, but I'll take what we have now over last year anytime. I am not sure if it's Quinn's cold that I have, or is it from one of my kids at school. I don't understand how they all feel they need to get right up close to my face and breath on me as they are sharing that they don't feel well. Kids! I guess I need to take a break from teaching art and teach how to stay away from the art teacher if you are sick lessons, as well as not breathing on anyone else when you feel yucky! Well, onto the pictures! I hope you enjoy them even a tiny bit as much as I did!




We checked out the house, and the upstairs is blocked out and you can see the garage, the front door, Quinn's room and so on! Super exciting to see! Any time I ask Quinn if she wants to go see her house, she is always smiles and ready! Love it!


1 comment:

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

Fun note...Alexis told me she put her arm behind Quinn's head because the tour guide had told all of the kids to put their hands behind their heads, and in Alexis-logic "I put my arm behind Quinn's head because she can't put her arms back like that."....I love how the two of them love on and take care of each other!